Wouldn't it be great if admins could request/produce a full backup of their environments from the application interface? To have that backup delivered directly into the authorized FTP user account at the push of a button! With our current business model, we cannot preschedule month end backups as we need to coordinate that activity with our data entry teams. Data warehouse solutions that incorporate our Customizations increase our operating costs. Having a self-service option for backups would be a huge benefit and eliminate the current process and associated wait time of submitting a case to produce a backup then waiting for communication that the file is available. The current process is:
1. Requestor submits case for backup--(must give Blackbaud team 2 business days' notice per SLA)
2. Analysts reviews & acknowledges the case then they submit the case to Hosting
3. Hosting schedules the backup and produces the file then transfers it to FTP site
4. Hosting notifies Analyst the backup is ready
5. Analysts notify Requestor the file is ready
6. Requestor retrieves the file.
A solution that could take us from step 1 to step 6 without going outside of CRM and involving multiple teams could dramatically increase efficiency and maintain the flexibility we need for our monthly backup requests. Thank you for your consideration!
|Organization Name (Please enter full organization name)||Jewish Federations of North America|